Goals - October 2015

I’d review last month’s goals, but I completely forgot to post them!

However, I did accomplish the two most important goals that I needed to get done last month:

  • Prep Olympia oyster (Ostrea lurida) gDNA for genome sequencing

  • Prep geoduck (Panopea generosa) gDNA for genome sequencing

For this month, I’m looking at tackling the following:

  • Prep RAD libraries to assess viability of the process on degraded Olympia oyster gDNA

  • Implement lab safety changes to be in compliance

  • Establish an “onboarding” (that’s fancy corporate speak) guide for getting new lab members up-to-speed

  • Continue working on a revamped primer database that will be a single resource (currently, it’s split in two spreadsheets and is not easily manageable/searchable)